Need a reason to visit the White Swan Inn in Whitehall, Michigan? Some of the following can be enjoyed all season and some are date-specific. Make your reservations early and have some fun! Here are the Top 10 Things to do this fall in the White Lake area:
1. Bike the Hart-Montague Bike Trail and the White Lake Pathway. Great vistas, colorful scenery and an opportunity to enjoy the outdoors while the weather is still mild.
2. View the total lunar eclipse on Sunday, Sept 27. But even more rare, is that this is a supermoon total lunar eclipse. There won’t be another until 2033!
3. Participate in the White Lake Area PumpkinFest on Saturday, Oct. 10 and roll a pumpkin down the Dowling Street hill or try your luck in the pumpkin seed spitting contest.
4. Check out the fall color from a different perspective…. Book a trail ride at Rainbow Ranch and let your horse lead you through the splendor of nature.
5. For an indoor option, enjoy the Light and Illumination Exhibit at the ACWL White River Gallery in downtown Whitehall through Oct. 10
6. Enjoy a fall color tour around White Lake aboard Third Swan, a 40′ motor yacht.
7. Expect the unexpected at the Hokey Pokey Alley Sale in downtown Whitehall. Final outdoor sale for 2015. Saturday, Oct 3 from 8:30 – 5 pm.
8. 11th annual Depot to Depot Fall Color Tour – self-guided driving tour of White Lake area to Muskegon with stops along the way to enjoy the vibrant sights of the season. Saturday, October 3, 10 & 17th 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
9. Try not to get lost in the 8 acre Corn Maze at Lewis Farm Market just north of Whitehall and Montague. Sept 5 – Nov 1.
10. Celebrate the one year anniversary of Fetch Brewing at the beer tent in downtown Whitehall. Saturday, Oct 10